The Alberta Association on Gerontology offers numerous benefits and low rates for seniors and students.
Four Types of Memberships:
Any individual 18 years of age or over, who is either working in the field of gerontology, intends to work in the field of gerontology, or who supports the vision and mandate of the Alberta Association on Gerontology.
Organizational involvement means that an association / health care facility or agency may join the Association. An individual from the organization is identified as the newsletter recipient. A maximum of 3 individuals, representing the organization, will receive the membership rate at local events.
Students in diploma or degree programs with a focus on gerontology or aging studies (Must prove student status upon request).
Individual over the age of 65.
AAG is committed to providing the highest quality of services to our members. Membership privileges begin immediately on payment of membership fees.
The AAG membership term runs from April 1st until March 31st.
Membership Rates for April 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023:
- $85 for individual
- $175 for organization
- $35 for seniors (65+ years)
- $25 for students.
AAG Membership Benefits
Membership provides many benefits, including:
- Opportunities to contribute to and influence meaningful policy changes that lead to improved quality of life for older Albertans.
- Enjoyment and engagement in a field you are passionate about with like-minded people.
- Special member-only rates for the local networking and learning events held in Calgary and Edmonton.
- Individual, organization, student and senior membership rates.
- Priority access to AAGmag, our newsletter filled with gerontological resources, research, information about local events and opportunities.
- Member-only advertising rates in the AAGmag and on our AAG website.
- Annual awards to student members studying gerontology or geriatrics sponsored by the Edmonton and Calgary Chapters and the Provincial Board plus a Bursary for Care Worker Award and the Mary Morrison Davis Award for outstanding contributions to AAG.
- Ability to distribute job postings among fellow members through our distribution list (send your posting to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll distribute).
- Stimulation of and support for research and knowledge transfer related to evidence-informed practice in gerontology.
- Diversity of Membership – we are open to everyone – service providers, leaders, researchers, policy makers, students, and retired persons - all you need is interest. We celebrate the strength that these many perspectives bring to help us accomplish our mission and vision.
- Career Development – we support our members to make connections, to learn and develop as students, professionals, and older adults.
Fill out form online and Pay with PayPal!
Or Download: 2022 AAG Membership Form
PDF: 2022 AAG Membership Form PDF